The Door, the Finger, and the Deep, Dark, Hole


     Hello fellow people that are currently alive. It is I again Scoliatic with a fresh, new, story about something that happened to me as a child. This post doesn't really have much to do with scoliosis but I hope you all enjoy, share, comment, and follow.

    The house that I live in is old. Really old. If I remember correctly (I probably don't) its about 118 years old. Yeah, it's old. Its been remodeled and renovated a few times. It didn't use to have the now playroom connected to the house. Even the entrance positions have changed. There used to be a door where our pantry is and there's still the old doorbell there. We used to and still do to a lesser degree, press it so that people would think there was someone at the door. With the addition of our dog to our family we had to stop because she doesn't know that shes been tricked and will bark longer than I'd like to listen to. We also have a pair of sliding doors that separate the living room from the dining room. Their structural integrity is starting to wear down from dog claws and being old, possibly as old as the house. It used to have some sort of lock or latch system that now doesn't work and is removed after the accident.

   I was a fairly curios small child, and still am today although I'm no longer small. Some may have called it stupidity but they are uncultured swine who don't know how the brains of children work. I was fascinated by the lock latch device and wanted to figure out how it worked. There was a button that went inside of the door and I thought was important so i pressed it. Nothing happened. I pushed it harder. Still nothing. I then pushed it is as far as my finger could go and was disappointed again. When I tried to remove my finger i found that the deep, dark, and dingy tunnel of doom had no plan of releasing me from its grasp. As I stood there struggling to remove my finger from its maw my mother saw what had happened and tried to assist me in my struggle. We tried all sorts of remedies for my predicament but none seamed to help. My mother then requested assistance from the people with the phone number of 911.

    The firefighters arrived not to long after My mom called and against common belief they don't just fight fires. They came in took a look at my predicament and removed the mechanism that I was trapped in from the door. They then proceeded to dismantle the metal monster and freed my finger. After thanking the kind people that rescued me I then sat down at the table and ate some fish sticks.

    This event has a moral. Don't shove your finger down holes because it can easily get stuck. I didn't follow my advice and a week or so later I did the exact same thing. This time my mom knew what to do and freed my finger fairly effortlessly. She did not return the deadly trap to its resting place in the door but instead it sits over in a pile of random things we have waiting for another small child to be trapped by its jaws of evil.

    Thank you for reading, if you have been enjoying my posts press the follow button to get notified on new posts. I try to post at least once a week and if I don't post for a while that's probably because I'm dead or kidnapped. Please share this blog with friends, family, and your neighborhood homeless man. This blog doesn't show up on google search yet so I can only gain new viewers by word of mouth, text, smoke signal, and other forms of communication. If you find any grammar mistakes or questions type a comment and I will fix or answer. 👋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Snap

My Origin

Expansion on Monday