Other Beings and how they React to my Scoliosis

     Hello there people that are currently breathing! I hope you all had a good Easter with much frivolity and celebration, and if you don't celebrate Easter I hope you had a good Sunday. If you did happen to gather with friends and family I hope you all stayed safe and healthy. Today I, Professor Scoliatic, have had many adventures in this world I have met many people. I have had to explain to many a curios mind why my back sticks out or why I can't do certain things in ballet. These humans that I have gifted with my knowledge have had many different responses and I will list a few.

 

The Supportive

    My favorite of the individuals that I have told about my scoliosis are the supportive. After learning about the disabilities that plague my body they decide to help me through my trials and tribulations. They may help me move heavier objects saying that they don't want me to hurt my back. They usually understand my limitations well and will help me explain them to new people. Some aren't so direct in support but still help me get through life in a positive manner.

The Overly Curios

    Some people that learn about or notice my scoliosis are filled with question. Ill give them an explanation on why my back is how it is and they will then pepper me with question, some of witch I have already answered. The more aggressive ones are obviously curios and want to know more and if I try to confuse them with complex medical terms they just ask what they mean instead of giving up. Most of the time I don't mind them to much as I am a large fan of attention but sometimes I just don't want to talk about my back

The Child

    Children are surprisingly good at noticing things such as an odd lump sticking out of someones back. They are usually straightforward too and will ask what it is as soon as they notice my hump. Most of the time they assume that I have something under my shirt. When they think this I usually just tell them that I have a pillow there or, more often, I say I have a banana under my shirt. They usually believe this with some skepticism . When they press for further information I usually give them a simpler explanation; something that revolves around me telling them that I have medical problems that gave me a back hump. If they look gullible enough I sometimes tell them that I was mauled by tigers and lions and that the wounds caused my deformity. They believe this surprisingly often and if they don't I tell them that I have scars on my back to prove it but for some reason (I wonder why?) they aren't interested at looking at them. If I really don't want to explain to them I just tell them a short explanation with lots of complex words so that they just go away.

The Adult

    Adults don't ask about my back as often but I often have to explain about it to them. At my dance school whenever I join a new class or have a substitute teacher. I usually just quickly tell them that I can't bend my spine because of my scoliosis or lie on my back. Whenever I actually talk about my scoliosis with adults they usually listen intently and remark on how many surgeries I've had. Adults usually understand my situation more than other people especially if they work at the hospital.

    Thanks for reading another post by yours truly Scoliatic Vertibraus. I was trying to think of another category of human beings but was having trouble thinking of one. Sorry that this post took so long, I was taking a break for Easter and was having writers block. Also, GOOD NEWS! My blog finally shows up if you search it on the internet! I am supper happy about this and this means that I can get more readers! If you know anyone who might enjoy this blog (they don't have to have scoliosis) please share it with them! Lastly, If you have something you want me to write about put it in the comments or Email me at scoliatic@gmail.com. Sayonara! Until next time, stay alive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Snap

My Origin

Expansion on Monday